You can help minimise our (and your) footprint on the earth's environment (while continuing to enjoy your stay) by:
- Switching off all lights and electrical equipment (including TVs at the set) when not in use
- Travelling here in your electric/hybrid car - or (electric) bicycle. You can charge up for FREE from a 13 amp plug (our charger has died of old age, but we are in the process of replacing it).
- Re-using towels when practicable
- Being happy to keep the same bed-linen for the length of your stay (within reason!)
- Using the liquid soap and shower gel provided in dispensers rather than the miniatures
- Drinking tap water (it's delicious here) rather than bottled
- Recycling rubbish - either by leaving paper, cans or bottles by the waste bin rather than in it, or by disposing of such items in our recycling area (ask for location)
- Visiting and buying produce or eating at our local farm shops
- Visiting our local tourist attractions. Those that are GREEN* are marked with a
- Hiring bikes from our local firms
- Using Public Transport while staying at Dowfold House
- We’re always looking to improve our “Greenness” by reducing our energy consumption and preventing pollution – please let us know if you think there’s anything we can do to this end.
- Read our “Green Section” in the room folder which will tell you what we’re doing behind the scenes to keep green, details of environmentally focussed local attractions, farm shops etc.
*a designation that means that they are members of the Green Tourism Business Scheme
Reading our "Green Section" in the room folder, or HERE will tell you what we're doing behind the scenes to keep green, details of environmentally focussed local attractions, farm shops etc.